Friday, January 13, 2006

Coming Clean

I don't have much to contribute today. I downloaded some songs this morning off iTunes. If anything, it only proved that I'm not as much of a hipster as I sometimes come off. Need proof? Then consider the songs I downloaded today:

Justin Timberlake, "Cry Me a River"
Amy Grant, "Good for Me"
The Go-Go's, "Our Lips Are Sealed"
Queen & David Bowie, "Under Pressure"

So there you go. I'm not as "indie" as you might think. My iTunes features everything from Kelly Clarkson to Sufjan Stevens, Belle & Sebastian to Gavin DeGraw, XTC to Garth Brooks. Of course, I am probably far too paranoid about what people think about my musical tastes. After all, both Pitchfork & Stylus each had "Since U Been Gone" in their top 3 singles of 2005. But I still feel bad being the station manager of a college radio station, yet I still have this stuff on my computer. In the end, a fun song is a fun song, though, and I don't think there's anything wrong with listening to these seemingly inane songs. Maybe I'll write about this paradox in my Counterweight article this month. Dave Swenson gave me some suggestions on what to write about today; anyone else have any starting points?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home